Please fill out the below information to schedule an appointment to apply for an ITIN with IRS-Approved Certifying Acceptance Agent.
Porter Law Office, LLC is an IRS-Approved Certifying Acceptance Agent or “CAA” in Columbus, Ohio. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent, Porter Law Office, LLC is authorized by the IRS to expedite the processing of Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Examples of individuals who need ITINs:
- A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return. If you have never filed a U.S. tax return, but you want to make a voluntary disclosure and come into compliance with your tax return filing obligations, you may need an ITIN.
- A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return.
- An undocumented alien who wants to come into compliance with the Internal Revenue Code.
- A dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien.
- A dependent or spouse of a foreign national who is present in the U.S. on an H-1B visa. The dependent on H-4 visa must obtain an ITIN to file jointly with your H-1B spouse.